So the second week after I jumped back into the 52 Blogs challenge, I failed to post a blog for it. Way to go me! Sarcasm aside, I will hopefully be posting two blogs this weekend to catch up on 52 Blogs (again).
These past couple of weeks have been pretty hectic – not so much physically (I still spend a lot of free time sleeping) but mentally. There’s been big stuff happening at work and at home, and lots of thinking and decision making to be done for both.
It’s super satisfying to see things coming together, bit by slow, painful bit, but it can be surprisingly draining!
So here are a few things I am grateful for, in no particular order:
– A so-far healthy pregnancy – I know it could all change and there are never any guarantees, but I’m grateful to have come this far with no complications, and am determined to enjoy it while I can. Not everyone gets the chance to even be pregnant, so I consider myself very lucky!
– Buying the house that was right for us, and the amazing feeling of making it our own.
– A workplace that is amazingly flexible and understanding.
– The opportunity to be part of a start-up company, doing a job that I love and seeing the work start to pay off (albeit frustratingly slowly at times).
– A husband who rocks. He cooks amazing meals, he’s super patient with me, he helps out at my work when we need an IT guru, he picks up extra work outside the house, manages our finances, takes care of me and our animals when I’m out of action and is just generally amazing. I can’t express how grateful I am to have him on my team. Plus, he’s really good looking – that doesn’t hurt!
– Friends who are wonderful, supportive and understand when I’m a little off my game at the moment (I know I keep forgetting to contact people back and I’m really sorry! Thank you for your patience)
– Sleep, especially that lovely deep sleep I seem to get between 6.30-8.00 every morning. Let’s just ignore the fact that I’m actually supposed to get out of bed at 7.30…
– Unconditional love from my two puppies* and kitten**
*fully grown dogs
** also fully grown; love given on her terms and her terms alone
– A hair cut and blow dry that made me feel fabulous when I was feeling anxious about going to a party. Ps, the party rocked and my hair looked fantastic, so it was totally worth the indulgence!
What is making you feel great at the moment? What do you do when you need a pick me up?